Medical technology is a rapidly developing field that continues to provide consumers with more affordable and accessible healthcare resources. One such innovation is new technology for dental implants which is sure to help individuals achieve better-looking teeth without breaking the bank.
Despite advancements in dental care, countless Americans have suffered tooth loss due to tooth decay, disease, or other ailments. In the past, dentures and bridges were the only easily accessible treatment option for these individuals.
However, patients who have suffered tooth loss can expect dental implants to become much more affordable in 2019 thanks to new technological developments.
Advantages of Dental Implants
Dental implants are simply replacement tooth roots that serve as a foundation that realistic replacement teeth are attached to.
These implants are installed via a simple procedure and offer a number of advantages over traditional options like dentures. These benefits include:
- Comfort: Implants are much more comfortable than removable dentures.
- Realistic Appearance: Implants look and feel like your natural teeth.
- Speech: Removable dentures often don’t fit correctly and make it difficult to properly enunciate words.
- Eating: Implants function like your natural teeth and are much easier to eat with than dentures.
These are just a few of the many advantages that this treatment offer. Some others include better durability, convenience, and improved oral health.
This long list of amazing benefits makes dental implants a much better and more permanent solution for tooth loss for those that can afford them.
Do Dental Implants Work?
Several studies have been conducted regarding the durability and success rates of dental implants.
Studies revealed an overall success rate of 92% to 95% for zirconia implants over a follow-up period ranging from 2.5 to five years. (1)
Another trial reported a success rate of 97.0% and a 10-year implant survival rate of 98.8%. (2)
These studies, amongst several others, indicate that implants are a reliable, long-term solution for individuals who have lost or damaged their teeth.
Dental Implants are More Accessible than Ever
Dental implants offer a wide range of benefits over more traditional treatments and are much more effective. However, many individuals find them unaffordable.
Fortunately, though, rapid improvements in technology are continuing to make dental implants much more affordable and higher in quality.
For example, an important task when getting dental implants is having a mold created to accurately fit your mouth. Innovations in computer technology have made it much easier for molds to be created quickly and more accurately. This results in a better product at a lower price.
Other advancements, like nanotechnology, offer ways for patients to receive dental implants which fit more accurately and are much more durable.
As technology in this field continues to improve, dental implants are sure to be much more accessible to the average consumer in 2019 and beyond.
If you have suffered from tooth loss and are considering your treatment options, dental implants offer an affordable and more effective alternative to dentures and bridges.
- Osman, R. B., & Swain, M. V. (2015). A Critical Review of Dental Implant Materials with an Emphasis on Titanium versus Zirconia. Materials (Basel, Switzerland), 8(3), 932-958. doi:10.3390/ma8030932
- Smeets, R., Stadlinger, B., Schwarz, F., Beck-Broichsitter, B., Jung, O., Precht, C., Kloss, F., Gröbe, A., Heiland, M., … Ebker, T. (2016). Impact of Dental Implant Surface Modifications on Osseointegration. BioMed research international, 2016, 6285620.